Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Heard it Through the Pipe Tamper 5-3-2011

On this edition of the Pipe Tamper...

We learn more about the Dos Campeones line.

With Savinelli's innovative new cigar line, Dos Campeones, launching in less than 30 days, I would like to explain the story behind the sticks.

In each box of Dos Campeones will be two different blends. The 'Sixto' and 'Coraje.' Steven Ysidron, CEO of Savinelli, worked on the blends for the Dos Campeones. When he could not decide which blend to move forward with, he decided to use both. When asked to comment on this decision he said, ''We have been in the cigar game for almost 20 years. I have tasted a lot of tobaccos, a lot of blends. I came up with something real special with the Dos Campeones, and couldn't decide which blend could carry the name. I think both blends really embody what Savinelli can bring to the table. I am excited to launch such an innovative line."

Coraje is Latin for 'Courage.' This is a strong blend cigar and is not for the weak hearted smoker. Only the strong, the brave, the courageous will attempt to smoke this cigar.

Sixto is Latin for 'Sixth.' This cigar is the sixth blend that Steven Ysidron has worked on. He believes that in each blend he has learned how to make the next better. He promises that this blend has been his best work so far.

Look for the Dos Campeones in a store near you coming in June.

As always...Stay lit my friends!

Jon

8 comments:

  1. I'm more of a "Sixto" type of guy ... but with the tastes of many American smokers leaning toward the described strength profile of "Coraje", I suppose it's a wise move for Savinelli to make such a "courageous" offering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are we talking Mild and Wild box could be fun may even set a trend. Thanks for the back story I like a good story behind the cigar like 7-20-4 or the My Father cigar the Tatuaje Halloween series..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. looking forward to trying these..
    @elgantry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely looking forward to trying both.
    Interresting concept on two blends / 1 box. It will be interesting to see how singles sell (which one is more popular).

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a cigar smoker I look for not only for quality, flavor, aroma, but I also look for variety. To have all of it in the same box is a real plus not only to me, but to every cigar smoker. I have not seen this before and personally think it's an excellent idea from Savinelli. I think you're going to be the starter of a new trend in the cigar industry.

    @JaimeVR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea and can't wait to try them!
    @Mrtymoose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see this come to a shop near me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like something interesting to try!

    ReplyDelete